1992 AX GT & 1979 2CV6 from the UK.

Stel je voor, houdt het up to date en leer van de reacties.

Moderator: webmasters

GT_Neil
Welkom nieuw AX lid
Welkom nieuw AX lid

1992 AX GT & 1979 2CV6 from the UK.

Post by GT_Neil »

First of I must apologise for writing in English - my Dutch is non-existent. :oops:

I've been lurking here for a while & have enjoyed looking through the different threads - some great work going on here! :D

I first owned a GT about 7 years ago; A 1988 model:

I have always regretted selling that car - it was an early car in excellent condition & with a low mileage. I always promised myself I would own another, but as the years roll on AX GTs are no longer a common sight here in the UK. Back in 1999 there were approximately 12,946 in existence over here, but as of last year, 2011, there were just 108 left on the road, with a further 197 declared off the road. Quite an upsetting set of figures really.

With this in mind & when a local GT came up for a resonable price I knew I had to buy it! This time a phase 2 model from 1992. Not as nice as my previous GT, but perhaps one of the better ones left in the UK, I think.

Now to my question: Does anyone have a link to, or photographs & a 'how to' guide on removing/replacing the bodykit (side skirts & wheel arch trim)? I would like to remove mine to check for corrosion. I am reluctant as the Kit seems to fit very well & I am scared I might break or lose some of the clips... Are they still available to buy from Citroën?

Any help or pictures gratefully received! :D

Cheers, Neil.
Last edited by GT_Neil on SunMay06, 2012 1:33:35 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Rob GT
AX Master Spammer
AX Master Spammer

Re: Bodykit questions & Hello from the UK!

Post by Rob GT »

Nice AX, both of 'em.

Not sure how much of 'em are left overhere, but 108... what happened with them?? :roll:

I think those clips are still available at dealers. But the're expensive and I'm not 100% sure.
I know for the Saxo they are still for sale, and I think those clips are the same?

Anyway it is easy to remove the bodykit, you just unscrew the clips (with a torx srewdriver).
In that way you won't break any clips.
These screws are out of sight on the inside of your wheel arch. You can see them on your first two pictures of your white AX.

Originally Citroën only uses clips and a sort of sliding system. Are you sure there kitted?

TvL
AX liefhebber
AX liefhebber

Post by TvL »

Hi Neil, welcome here! Those GT's look great :) The white one is a carburettor model, right? It looks like there is a choke lever on the dashboard. But what a shame there are only 108 GT's left in the UK, I can imagine it's hard finding a good one.
Mijn wie=wie

Nu: AX 1.4i TZX DH-RP-44 / AX aanhanger
Ex: AX 1.1i Harmonie PZ-BL-99 / AX 1.1i Allure LD-LR-40 / ZX 1.8i 16V Audace Break XR-RN-08

GT_Neil
Welkom nieuw AX lid
Welkom nieuw AX lid

Post by GT_Neil »

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. :)

@ Rob, thanks for the advice on the bodykit. I shall go careful & see if I can remove it. I must say I'm not really looking forward to it! :? Most of our AX GTs have been scrapped because of rust. Also a couple of years ago there was a government incentive whereby people were offered £2000 to trade their old car in against a new one - something like a Hyundai i10 or a Fiat Panda! That sent a few more to the crusher. :x AX prices & cars in general seem to be a huge amount cheaper in the UK compared to mainland Europe. People here I guess don't value their cars as much, which is a shame. My latest GT cost around 600 euros. My previous one just 300 euros! I think prices will at last begin to rise for the GT as they become a classic car...

@ TvL, Yes the white one is a carburettor model - one of the last I believe. Registered over here in July 1992. :)

Neil. :)

Rio97
Total admin
Total admin

Post by Rio97 »

Hi Neil, welcome here.
Very nice AX you've got and had. Nice to hear we've been noticed from abroad.
Sorry to hear they extint in the UK.
Back in the days we had contact with the UK AXownersclub. Doesn't they exist anymore?

This summer I will be in the UK at the 15th ICCCR in Harrogate, Yorkshire. http://icccr2012.org.uk/new/
Will you be there?
Probably I will be with my CX. But maybe there 's a small chance it will be my AX GT.

Is it allright if I move this topic to the "Wie is wie/You and your car" section?
Over there everyone got his or her own topic to talk as much about their own AX as they wish or whatever comes to mind.
K' heb drie Citroëns, hele mooooie.
Een gele, een goude en een rooooie.

Winaar Le Citron Pressé 2012, categorie equipe met de grootste / mooiste bagage :)

GT_Neil
Welkom nieuw AX lid
Welkom nieuw AX lid

Post by GT_Neil »

Thank you for the welcome! Yes, the AX owners club still exists: http://www.axownersclub.com/

I shall be attending the ICCCCCCCR; Probably attending in my 2CV, but there's a possibilty i may take the GT!

Please feel free to move the topic to the more appropriate section!

Cheers, Neil :)

Rio97
Total admin
Total admin

Post by Rio97 »

Moved.
Maybe we meet in the UK!
I'm attending at the ICCCR 2016 election. The Netherlands are a candidate, I'm with the promotion team.
K' heb drie Citroëns, hele mooooie.
Een gele, een goude en een rooooie.

Winaar Le Citron Pressé 2012, categorie equipe met de grootste / mooiste bagage :)

2Black
citrofiel in crisis
citrofiel in crisis

Post by 2Black »

Welcome Neil!

about the clips for the sideskirts...
I myself needed a couple of those 3yrs (or so) ago and got them from a local Citroën dealer.
They're in their ordering system so should be available without problem.
Back then they were ordered as a set per part of the car ie. a bag of clips for 1 skirt. This means that every piece of skirting should come with it's own number.
All in all this could become quite pricy... clips for an entire AX GT would come to approx €100..., but demanding a discount is always a possibility :wink:
Collin,

Citrofiel in crisis, rij nu in een Mini!
M'n foto's op http://foto.realiseerden.nl en opinies op http://realiseerden.nl, Twitter: @CollinVersteegh

GT_Neil
Welkom nieuw AX lid
Welkom nieuw AX lid

Re: 1992 AX GT & 1979 2CV6 from the UK.

Post by GT_Neil »

Thanks again!

I would like to see the Netherlands get the 2016 ICCCCCR - you guys are certainly enthusiastic when it comes to Citroens!

I have just ordered & received bodykit clips - as you say they are very expensive & nearly 100€ for the set! :shock: As well as the AX GT I own a 1994 Cascade 1.0l, 5 door & 2 2cvs - one from 1985 & one from 1979!

areofall
AX Starter
AX Starter

Re: 1992 AX GT & 1979 2CV6 from the UK.

Post by areofall »

The GT looks a good one, def worth keeping.