I'm new to the citroen ax and now find myself with two

Problemen, vervangen of tunen alles kan.

Moderators: denny, vtspower, webmasters

davidquysner
Welkom nieuw AX lid
Welkom nieuw AX lid

I'm new to the citroen ax and now find myself with two

Post by davidquysner »

and other than some minor probs I can work out they both make a nocking sound when make a turn, specifically tighter turns and specifically if there are people in the car. Sound comes from the right front of the car. It's obviously suspension. I don't think it's shock absorbers becuase it only happens when i'm concering. Any ideas? Ball Joints. Is this even where I come for help. Alvast Bedankt. Email davidquysner@hotmail.com
thanks
1987 Citroën Ax 1.0
1989 Citroën Ax K-Way 1.1
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 5.9ltr
1964 Cadillac Coupe de Ville 7.2ltr

IceByte
AX Master Spammer
AX Master Spammer

Post by IceByte »

sounds like the right driveshaft is busted, it's a weak point of the AX.

Don't know if you speak dutch or not, but i don't know the english word for the part of the driveshaft that's busted, it's the joint on the driveshaft, and i should be on the side of the driveshaft that's on the side of the wheel. Anyhow, that's almost certain the cause of the sound you're getting when cornering. Easiest thing to do is replace the driveshaft from one of a scrapyard AX, try to get one that has pretty good rubber dustcovers on both ends of the shaft, if they are pretty new, it's likely it's been replaced fairly recently.

Sander
Clubmonteur
Clubmonteur

Post by Sander »

I'm sure it's your axel making the noking sound. In most cases that's what's making the sound when your cornering. Suspension and ball joints are also very noisy when your driving over bumps. Check the dust covers on the axel for rips to make sure. But you're already to late to save the axel. You have to buy a new one. Or take some of the junk yard. Good luck
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the f#ck alone.