Moderator: webmasters

marmottebeige
AX driver
AX driver

what is "chic" serie in ax GT?,that looks like vol

Post by marmottebeige »

what is "chic" serie in ax GT?,that looks like volcane serie :roll:

What is the difference?

and how much pk for chic and for volcane? 85?

possibility: volcane it's with carbu and chic (after 91) with injection? is it possible?

thank!

how know this series? :?:

bye bye :wink:

injection...is it funny like a carbu?? :roll:

MNM(tm)
AX super weirdo
AX super weirdo

Post by MNM(tm) »

Volcane has a 1.1 injection engine.
There are no Volcanes with carb.
The engine can deliver 59hp. (44kW).
Volcane en ph3 1.5D ex-Spot rijder! Image

Recently done:
- M'n lieve en altijd trouw gebleven witte dieseltje verkocht. :(
- Eindelijk (weer) Pioneer audio in m'n dieseltje! :)

DuFF
AXtremist
AXtremist

Post by DuFF »

@ MNM
was het niet zo dat er in belgië of andere buitenlanden de volcane was uitgerust met een 1.4i ofzoiets ?
Spreken is goud, Ductape is zilver.

kevin.broke
AX Spaster Mammer

Post by kevin.broke »

The DUTCH Volcane was built between (I believe) '94 and '96 and had a 44 kW 1.1 injection engine.

In Belgium and France the AX Volcane was equal to the Dutch AX Chic, but carried the 1.4 engine with double carb, just like the Belgian AX GT did.

When we move to England you will find the "Dutch" Volcane as well, carrying the 1.1i engine, but sporty looks like the AX GT and Furio did. Over there they have the AX GT 500 which is - apart from the right hand steering - equal to the Dutch AX Chic (1.4 injection engine with 75 bhp)

MNM(tm)
AX super weirdo
AX super weirdo

Post by MNM(tm) »

DuFF wrote:@ MNM
was het niet zo dat er in belgië of andere buitenlanden de volcane was uitgerust met een 1.4i ofzoiets ?

Mjah, maar ik beperk me alleen tot de NL modellen, hè! ;)
Volcane en ph3 1.5D ex-Spot rijder! Image

Recently done:
- M'n lieve en altijd trouw gebleven witte dieseltje verkocht. :(
- Eindelijk (weer) Pioneer audio in m'n dieseltje! :)

marmottebeige
AX driver
AX driver

Post by marmottebeige »

ok, thank you for this information! :wink:

I saw one to sell (ax GT chic 91, 149000 km, CT/apk ok), I think of buying it because it is really cheap and the car is attractive (nice look)!

I don't know the system with injection...!: it is occasion(moment) to try it, not?

I hope not to be sad... :)

marmottebeige
AX driver
AX driver

Post by marmottebeige »

Who has an injection as that one at present? You are satisfied there? :?: :?: :)

kevin.broke
AX Spaster Mammer

Post by kevin.broke »

injection runs perfect, more torque on low revs than a carb. but it loses power when you rev it up really high.

weird enough, some injections ARE really fast (mine pulls hard right up to the rev limiter at about 7000 r/min...)

The AX GT injection sometimes has some sensor problems, but carburettors have carb problems... the carb is a bit quicker, the injection is easier to maintain cheap.

It's all about the same..

marmottebeige
AX driver
AX driver

Post by marmottebeige »

thank you :wink: :D

DuFF
AXtremist
AXtremist

Post by DuFF »

nice explaining of the difference between carb. and injection. Kevin :)

another point is the sound of the engine.

carb. sounds more agressive somehow :roll: 8)
Spreken is goud, Ductape is zilver.

kevin.broke
AX Spaster Mammer

Post by kevin.broke »

you're right DuFF, I forgot that point. I think it's the acceleration pump in a carb that can be heard clearly on full throttle.

watch these two videos for the difference as clear as it can be (AX Sport, with double carbs, which sounds loud, rude, raw and agressive, and an AX GTI, with multipoint injection, which sounds really controlled (even hits the rev limiter), disciplined, but clearly fast too - both cars AREN'T standard)

AX Sport 1.3
AX GTI

marmottebeige
AX driver
AX driver

Post by marmottebeige »

yehh, I like the sound of the AX sport 1.3 :D

marmottebeige
AX driver
AX driver

Post by marmottebeige »

is it possible to have a good sound with an injection (like an AX Sport) if I place a "sport" exhaust pipe? :?:

marmottebeige
AX driver
AX driver

Post by marmottebeige »

an other question:

if a buy a car from holland, what is the formalities for drive this car in Belgium? :?: :?: more difficulties? :(

I hope that no :?

:wink:

kevin.broke
AX Spaster Mammer

Post by kevin.broke »

I know how to export from belgium to the netherlands, but not the other way around.

And the sound isn't in the exhaust, the exhaust is almost the same. The sound is in the inlet side of the engine, you hear it sucking air into the fuel chambers.

The biggest difference is that the Sport engine breathes through 4 channels, where the AX GTI breathes through one. You can have the AX GTI breathing through four too, and it will be cheaper to run (uses less fuel), but far more expensive to build up. For that you will need throttle bodies.

Still, the remarkable sound of one or two (big) carbs cannot be achieved running on injection. In my opinion a four cylinder engine running throttlebodies sounds better though (they sound both extremely agressive and controlled and rev up to extremes). Listen for yourself (on a VW Lupo though):

Lupo GTI, 0 - 115 mph (185 km/h)

kevin.broke
AX Spaster Mammer

Post by kevin.broke »

I know how to export from belgium to the netherlands, but not the other way around.

And the sound isn't in the exhaust, the exhaust is almost the same. The sound is in the inlet side of the engine, you hear it sucking air into the fuel chambers.

The biggest difference is that the Sport engine breathes through 4 channels, where the AX GTI breathes through one. You can have the AX GTI breathing through four too, and it will be cheaper to run (uses less fuel), but far more expensive to build up. For that you will need throttle bodies.

Still, the remarkable sound of one or two (big) carbs cannot be achieved running on injection. In my opinion a four cylinder engine running throttlebodies sounds better though (they sound both extremely agressive and controlled and rev up to extremes). Listen for yourself (on a VW Lupo though):

Lupo GTI, 0 - 115 mph (185 km/h)